It is with a heavy heart, but a clear conscious that, Earl, Mac and the TOH Board of Director’s, have decided that the 2020 Trail of Honor is officially cancelled due to the current COVID-19 concerns and warnings. The TOH will return in 2021.
Trail of Honor Volunteers Needed Listing:
The Trail of Honor is only possible through community support and the volunteer organization. To prepare for and carry out the three day event the Trail of Honor is always in need of additional volunteers. See the attached PDF Listing of Dates, Times and Activities needing additional volunteers this year.
Escort for Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall
Wednesday May 19:
12:30 pm – Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall Escort Depart Armed Forces Museum at Camp Shelby
03:00 pm – Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall Escort Arrives at the event Site, Harley Davidson Jackson.
With exception of original staging all times are approximate, see PDF Flyer for Details.
If you have questions, please contact Roger Barrett (601) 826-5205.
Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall Escort Flyer
Trail Of Honor, Annual Benefit Golf Tournament
Thursday May 20:
01:00 pm – Trail of Honor Golf Tournament starts at the Deerfield Golf Club, Canton, MS 39046.
If you have questions, please contact Dave Stott (601) 259-2193 or
Jeff Ellis Executive Director, Mississippi; Office: 844.VGA.VETS Cell: (601) 906-2732 Email: email@example.com Work Email: www.vgagolf.org
Trail Of Honor Benefit Golf Tournament Entry Form
Opening Ceremony for The Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall
Friday May 21:
11:30 am – 12:00 pm: Opening Ceremony of the Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall, Harley Davidson of Jackson
Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall, is open to the public 24 hours a day from May 15, 11:30am to May 18th 2:00pm.
Trail Event Dates
Saturday, May 22, open to public:
09:00 am – Opening ceremony of the Trail of Honor to include recognition of the Gold Star Families.
09:00 am to 5:00pm Trail Of Honor
09:00 am to 5:00pm Aviation Trail of Honor, Bruce Campbell Airport CAF Facebook for more details.
Sunday, May 23, open to public:
11:00am to 5:00pm Trail Of Honor
Trail Of Honor Flyers
Run for the Wall Ride
Monday, May 24
11:30 am – 01:30 pm – Run for the Wall ceremony
Event Admission & Fees
Free Admittance and Free Parking
Trail of Honor, Huey/Cobra Helicopter Rides, charge per person.
Aviation Trail of Honor, plane rides for sale, see CAF Flyer for charge per person.
Safety, Event is Handicap Accessible:
No Pets Allowed
Recommend ear plugs for battle reenactments and flights at both locations.
- Talk to living historians and see encampments representing each American War from French and Indian War to the current War on Terrorism
- See battlefield re-enactments of the Civil War and Vietnam War
- Meet Active duty veterans of the present war in Afghanistan
- See Military armor and aerial displays/flyovers
- Ride in a Huey Helicopter with the veterans and aircraft that made history
- Meet Military heroes: Medal of Honor recipients, Navajo Code Talkers, Tuskegee Airmen, ex-POW’s from WWII, Korean War and Vietnam War
- Commemorative Air Force (CAF) will be performing Flyovers in airworthy warplanes from the past
- See the Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall
Volunteer or Sponsor
Please contact David McElroy (601) 372-5770.